10 Jun 2013

Face of the Day- Spring Time

Boo!

I do not normally have a set 'every day make-up' because I quite enjoy experimenting with different looks to suit an outfit, or if I have bought a new product that I would like to try, I most definitely incorporate it into my look.

As normal, I firstly moisturise with Lancome's 'Absolute Premium' moisturiser and hydrate using The Body Shop's 'Eye Rescue Serum'. 
Recently, I have been trying to tailor my everyday make-up to fit the latest season, trying to focus on light weight products that have an element of radiance and shimmer. For this, I love a low to medium coverage and a, fairly shimmery, light coloured eye.

The foundation of my choice at the moment is L'Oreal's 'Lumi Magique'. I like a perfectly chiseled face, so I contour heavily with the Sleek 'Contour Kit' and then highlight generously with the 17 'Instant Glow Shimmer Brick'. Benefit's 'Coralista' is perfect in creating a pink cheek; I place this on the apple of my cheek and drag gently up through the cheek bones. Under my eye's, I conceal with, first, MAC 'Studio Sculp Concealer' and then YSL's 'Touche Eclat', to ensure my under eyes stay illuminated.  I do not normally powder, as I have dry skin and do not feel the need to, but through the summer months I powder through the center of my face with Rimmel's 'Stay Matte' face powder.

To prime my eyes, I use Too Faced 'Shadow Insurance' primer, to act as a base so my eye make up stays in place. Urban Decay's 'Naked 2' palette is perfect for creating a sparkly eye. I like using 'Booty Call' from this palette as it is a lovely nude , almost vanilla, coloured eye shadow. I then contour my eye with 'Snakebite' which is a dark golden, still shimmery' shadow. I then take 'Tease' to bled out all the colours on the lid and then make a shadow under the lower lash line. 'Foxy' is a perfect brow bone highlight that I love to use to finish my brows, after I fill them in lightly with my YBF 'Brow Pencil'. To complete the eyes, I curl them with my Shu Uemura 'Lash Curlers' and apply a generous coat of Eyeko's 'Skinny Lash' mascara, to only the top lashes and apply Benefit's 'Eye Bright' to my waterline.

To finish my look, I like to add a bold lip with Rimmels Apocolips in 'Stella' because the eye's have stayed neutral and a pop of colour adds dimension to the look; I often pair a bright lip with a simple make up. To make sure the make up stays on, I spray MUA's 'Fix Spray' on the entire make up.

TTYS,
CLB



No comments:

Post a Comment