6 Jun 2013

REVIEW | Rimmel- 'Wake Me Up' Foundation

Boo!
A post of my adored, medium coverage foundation. During the summer time, much like others, I crave the healthy dewy look with an increased amount of luminosity to give that super refreshed and summery shine. Rimmels's 'Wake Me Up' is brilliant in creating this!

I purchased this foundation last year, and to be honest, loved it all year round. But, I understand its more of a seasonal product for the matte complexion wearers. I am not a fan of this myself; I only powder my under eye area once I have concealed, or, if I know I am going to be out for hours on end, I will powder, slightly.

I cannot rave about this product enough. Say goodbye to your foundation that fades through the day, becomes patchy and makes you look overly greasy, because Rimmel's 'Wake Me Up' is a staple product. It gives a beautifully dewy radiance that certainly embraces the season. The coverage is medium- heavy, but does not look 'cakey' at all. All my blemishes and pesky pimples are covered with this foundation. After searching through Boots for the right colour, it was not long until I found 'soft beige' which is slightly darker for my face, but it matches with my neck and the rest of my body. I really love this foundation when applying it with the Real Techniques 'Buffing Brush' because it add to the coverage and help it blend seamlessly.

Apart from looking great, 'Wake Me Up' is cheap; one of the best high streets finds I have found. I believe it retails at £8.99, in Boots, which is nothing in comparison to the higher end products that, in my opinion, are not worth the entirety of the money.

I love this foundation soo much that it almost reminds me of, in terms of finish, YSL's Touche Eclat! Touche Eclat is a much light coverage but stays put and has a silky finish once applied.

TTYS,
CLB
Rimmel London: 'Wake Me Up' Foundation- Soft Beige

No comments:

Post a Comment