29 Jun 2013
PICTORIAL | Brown Smokey Eye
Hiyaa guys, me again! I do apologise for the lack of posts over the last few days but, I am planning to have a few more posts up over the weekend. Starting off this marathon is this matte smokey eye that I have only really used 3 products for.
1. For this matte, light brown eye shadow, I used the 'Sleek' 'Storm' palette. I washed the eye lid with this light brown which created a minute amount of dimension. This look is basically just layering the products to give the right dept for your preference.
2. Next, I used a gel eyeliner and smudged this, messily, into the lash line. I made a slight flick at the outer corner to make it easier for the upcoming blending.
3. This here is further smudging and blending. There is no additional product but I dragged the black gel eyeliner up onto the lid, but not making the line extra thick. This softened the look.
4.Taking the light brown I used earlier, I blending that once again onto the lid, smudging the black high and further to the edge of the eye.
5. I took the black that was the smudged flick, onto the eye to remove any harsh lines that was created.
6. I used a make up wipe to create a much sharper and pristine slick, that had been softened and blended.
7. Here, I curled the eyelashes and applied generous coats of mascara.
8. I made sure that all the products were blended and this creates the illusion that the look was very soft and seamlessly blended.
9. Taking a very shimmery white colour, I applied this in the inner corner to help the dimension and to brighten the eye.
PS- If you have any suggestions of how these kinds of posts can be improved, please let me know! I try and make them as informative as I can.